Hertford Music Club meet at The Hertford Quaker Meeting House in Railway Street.
Friends in the Truth, as they originally knew themselves, date their existence from 1652 and Hertford Quakers have been corporately organized since 1655. The Meeting House, built in 1670, is the oldest Quaker Meeting House in the world to have been purpose-built and to have remained in continuous use. The building’s harmonious simplicity, including re-used timbers, is in keeping with Quaker Testimonies of Simplicity, Truth, Equality and Peace.
Click HERE to view a photo gallery of The Friends Meeting House.
For public opening times, please check the notice board outside the House or at our News section.
The closest car park is Bircherley Green, however please note that this car park closes at 5pm on Sundays. A better choice is to use Gasgoyne Way car park, which has big, easy access spaces, no time limit and is FREE on Sundays; just a short walk from our venue.
The Hertford Quaker Meeting House
50 Railway Street, Hertford, SG14 1BA